Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Quiz, and my Thoughts on Harry Potter

A Quiz, and my Thoughts on Harry Potter

Pirate Monkey's Harry Potter Personality Quiz
Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

I realized midway through the third book that I liked Snape quite a bit. That I was even rooting for him. I simply chalked it up to the same thing in my makeup that made me cheer for the bad guy in pro wrasslin' all my life.

I liked Snape because he didn't buy into that whole Harry Potter rigamarole.

It wasn't until the fourth that I realized that Harry Potter is a bit of a git. Don't like the boy. For someone who's a reluctant hero, he sure buys into that whole "Chosen One" in an awful hurry. And he manages to find enemies in people who just think differently than him.

It doesn't help that Snape, Malfoy and the Slytherins are all jerks on the outside. I mean, you have these four houses, right? Griffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, all of which seem to be filled with average, everyday people, and then you have Slytherin, whose students seem to all come from the same mold as most Scooby Doo villains.

Just finished the Half Blood Prince today. I enjoyed this one, once I got going. It took me forever to be able to sit and read more than a few pages at a time. That's my fault, not the books. I've had the attention span of a crack baby here lately. I think it may be some form of penance for my rant against ADD and ritalin a while back.

But I digress.

I don't think Half Blood Prince is as good as Prisoner of Azkaban, which was my favorite. But I liked this one fairly well. Better than Order of the Phoenix, which saw Rowling really falling in love with the sound of her own voice.

I don't want to spoil anything, with my next statement, so you might wanna stop reading. It has a lot to do with Snape, who I've always rooted for as ultimately helping the good without fawning and falling all over this kid with the scar on his head.

I was a little irked that Snape stayed more in the periphery again this book. Can't complain about his role in the end, however. It's left me probably more curious for the next book in the series than any of the other Potter books. My hope is that he was ultimately serving Dumbledore's wishes, and doesn't turn out to be the one-dimensional bad guy he's kinda been painted as, especially ever since Prisoner of Azkaban.

Now, I sleep....

Quiz seen at Inn of the Last Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home