Friday, August 05, 2005

A couple of random thoughts

A couple of random thoughts

My sister's getting hitched this weekend. Up in the Smoky Mountains. Getting ready to go to that. Going to drop a couple of thoughts on you before I head out to see my sister get made into an honest woman.

----

Went to the Delano Community Market yesterday. It's a collective of Amish produce sellers in Polk County. Got some cantelope preserves and a jar of sorghum. The cantelope preserves are perhaps the most awesome thing I've eaten in weeks. Wheat toast, butter and cantelope preserves? I would officially push my mother down to get at that.

I was going to do some sorghum and biscuits this morning, but that would have involved me getting up and cooking biscuits. Kinda puts the kibosh on the whole thing, me having to work to prepare food to eat first thing in the morning. If doesn't involve coffee going into a cup, or cereal going into a bowl, don't bet on it happening within ten minutes of my getting up.

And I had to run before I had time to contemplate the whole fixing the biscuits deal.

But that sorghum and biscuits thing will get done sooner rather than later.

----

A conversation, related to the previous:

My Dad: I read an article yesterday about the top ten ways you can destroy the Earth.

Me: What, yourself?

My Dad (after some consideration): Maybe. It'd take a lot of stuff. Do you know how to make anti-matter?

Me: I can't even bring myself to make biscuits.

----

It hit me too late to order the One With Nature T-Shirt to give to my sister and her husband for the wedding. Matching Pee on the Tree T-Shirts. But like I said, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, so I didn't think of it in time.

Christmas is coming, and it'll be here before they know it.

Did you buy a t-shirt?

Why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home