Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday

Saturday

Random thoughts.

It is hot. Like, crazy-making hot. Today's activity was standing outside and watching the droplets of sweat bead up on my arms. I don't know what I've done to make Jesus angry, but I sure would like to do what I can to make it right. The Lord has made it hot, and I fear it's got something to do with those snitched watermelons.

------

I turn on the teevee to see the Cubs losing 2 to zilch and I watch Michael Barrett lead off their half the second with a double. In my mind, there is no reason why a man on second base with no outs should not score. Call it small ball, if you must. But I believe you can manufacture runs, even in the Mile High City.

Unless a cog in your machine is named Corey "First Pitches are Pretty" Patterson.

How crazy did I go when the ever-loving pitcher Glendon Rusch, who just threw 34 pitches in his half of the inning, went and swung at the first pitch? (Answer: Ooga Booga Crazy).

------

My new least favorite thing of the day? Wasp in the truck. I left the windows cracked, and a wasp (or, Wasper, if you're from Clearwater) had found its way into the cab. You know, negotiating the back roads is a whole lot less fun when you're having to keep an eye on the beast that looks like it flew in out of a Giger painting.

-----

As I got ready for work this morning, I was happy to see Matt Kennedy Gould, of Joe Schmo fame, competing on Bravo's Battle of the Network Reality Stars.

Let me ask you this. Didn't Bravo used to have good stuff on? Now, it's all reality shows and West Wing re-runs. And don't get me wrong. I like West Wing re-runs.

At least they could be a little less pretentious. A new catchphrase. Something like "Less Artsy, More Fartsy."

Or is that too close to calling your stuff shitty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home