Monday, August 15, 2005

Because I am little more than a big girl....

Because I am little more than a big girl....

Didja ever have one of those weeks that just flew by? Well, that was last week. Worked a bunch. Had a couple of chores that took up other bits of my spare time. I'd wanted to post a couple more pictures from my sister's wedding.

I like pictures.

Plus, Afton, who "works" with me, asked to see them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the cabin where we slept. Nice place. We ended up sleeping eight there, I think, counting me in a sleeping bag on the screened in porch. Nice, quiet, back in the woods. We had the whole wedding barbecue eating ceremony here.

What? Doesn't your family have a wedding barbecue eating ceremony?

Sounds like you're missing out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what I did most of the weekend. I toted stuff. Coolers. Luggage. Tables. Pieces of plywood covered with astroturf used so that people with difficulty walking and those who used strollers could cross the ditch up onto the meadow. It's nice to know that a strong back and an easy-going nature take you to such high places in life.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the best picture I have of the little meadow where April and Jeff got married. I hope a couple of others will show up. Everybody and their brother had a digital camera at the wedding.

Anyway, you can see me talking to my cousin Andy and my uncle Charles. I don't know what's just been said, but I am apparently galled by it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a picture of me and my brother-in-law. Only, in the picture, he's not my brother-in-law. He's just my sister's fiance. This blog is a time machine. Wow.

Also? This picture should shows why you should never tell me to smile.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is April exchanging her vows. I tried to convince her to start reciting the Gettysburg Address, or singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. She got a little tongue tied. The preacher was saying too much for her to remember to repeat (we Acuffs have tremendously short attention spans). She got a little tongue tied trying to remember it all.

She laughed. We all laughed. The she turned on us and shouted "My Day! This is My Day! You fools shut the hell up!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My favorite pictures are the pictures that are taken while everybody is waiting for a picture to be taken. I don't know what my brother-in-law is doing in this picture. I think he's convincing somebody to come get into the picture. I think he looks a bit like he's taken a shot to the groin.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the little creek that ran next to the meadow where they got married. Really nice spot. They picked a good one. This is my sister, my cousin Michelle, her boyfriend John and my aunt Pat wading in the creek (or as those South Jersey people say it...in the wooder).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Dad's the youngest of 8 kids. All except his brother (my uncle) Johnny came to the wedding, and are pictured here, along with various spouses.

Pictured, from left to right: My Dad, my Mom, my Uncle Charles, my Aunt Sharon, yours, truly, my sister April, Jeff, my Aunt Annette, Walt (who's pretty much a member of the family by default, now), my Aunt Jan, my Uncle James, my Aunt Betty Earl, my Uncle Ray, my Aunt Charlotte and my Aunt Brenda.

All crazy. But none of them are truly dangerous.

Not in a lethal kind of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home