Thursday, February 16, 2006

Calendar

Calendar

Call it a lack of discipline, call it absent minded, maybe I just don't give a hell what day of the week it is, but I'm not very good at changing over those day-by-day calendars. It's not rare to find one in my house that's a week or more out of date.

Part of it is that I don't have place where I sit every day and need to look at the calendar. The best luck I've had so far, changing one of those daily calendars, was a Jeopardy calendar that sat on the back of the toilet. It was like Final Jeopardy every time I woke up and had to take a whiz. Word to the wise: Those things tip easier than you'd think, and they don't make those page-a-day calendars sturdy enough to withstand a dunk in the toilet.

No place else that I can remember to do it. I often do my computer stuff on my laptop in the living room, but not every day, so the Jon Stewart America calendar often goes days without getting changed. I changed it over this morning, after it's been reading February 10 for a while.

I've got a George Carlin calendar on my desk. It does a little better, since I'll often look at it when I first wake up. But I let it get a few days behind, and I ran across this entry from Tuesday, Valentine's Day, that I kinda liked:

Valentine's Day is devoted to love. Why don't we have a day devoted to hatred? The raw, visceral hatred that is felt every hour of the day by ordinary people, but is repressed for reasons of social order. I think it would be very cathartic, and it would certainly make for an exciting six o'clock news.

Anyway. This is my way of saying "I got nothing to say today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home