Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Nimoy

Nimoy

Rex Camino's "The Time I Didn't Meet Leonard Nimoy."

Words fail me. Mostly cuz it's funny, but also because I dicked around in school.

I liked this bit:

It was then that we heard a family in the next line speaking American English. It was a husband and wife and two women who appeared to be their grown daughters. The husband was asking the wife about a friend of theirs who was going through cancer treatment and then asked if she had remembered to pack the alarm clock and a certain shirt that he didn’t remember seeing laid out on the bed. It was typical married-couple-standing-in-line fare, but I immediately recognized the voice as the narrator to the seventies paranormal TV series In Search Of. Then I remembered that the narrator of that series and Leonard Nimoy were one in the same. I quickly alerted Mrs. Camino, and we went back and forth in a whispering debate for a few minutes until Leonard Nimoy turned around to check the departure time for their flight to Guatemala on the sign just behind us, thus ending all debate.

Go give it a read. You're just foolin' around at work, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home