Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cubs Funnies

Cubs Funnies

Ain't written much about the Cubs here lately. Mostly because I've been working like a botard and haven't had time to figure if I'm coming or going.

But also I haven't because I can't do so without swearing every third word.

It's a particularly frustrating year to be a Cub fan. Whether it's D-Lee's broken wrist, or a couple of fragile pitchers named Kerry Wood and Mark Prior, Neifi Perez still showing up in the box score at all, the fact that Corey Patterson was finally convinced to shorten his swing and utilize his speed over in Baltimore, or any number of other factors that have lead the Cubbies to be a handful of games better only than KC and Pittsburgh....

I think the last thing I wrote Cub-related was right after Michael Barrett decked A.J. Pierzynski, and one person in particular took issue enough to e-mail, thinking that I was trying to defend Barrett, when nothing could have been further from the truth. Afterward, I figured it wasn't worth the effort to try writing anything about the Cubs.

Anyway. Here's a Cubs post. And a link. Some of the jokes over on the Cub Reporter were corny, but some made me smile. In the interest of full disclosure, it was usually the corny ones that made me smile...

I liked:

Q: How is Corey Patterson like Pope John Paul II

A: They're both in a better place now....


and:

Q: What’s the difference between a doughnut shop and Michael Barrett’s defense?

A: There are more holes in Barrett’s defense.


And I re-worded this one:

Q: How many Dusty Bakers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None. The light bulbs can stay in the minors, and go screw themselves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home