Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

Well, it's been a rainy sumbitch the last few days down in my corner of Tennessee. Wandered to a cookout last night. It was raining when I got there, but it tapered off, and we were hopeful that rain would not dampen the festivities again.

Well, it was only a couple of beers into the evening that a thunderstorm that must have come out of the left quadrant of Hell wandered through, hurling plastic chairs, tearing tree limbs and generally making outside an unpleasant place to be.

Decided to head back to the house when the storm blew itself out. Just in time for a second round. Just in time for the power to go out, too. Is there an upper limit on how many times you'll wander into a room and try to turn on a light via the switch before you finally drill it into your thick skull that the power's out?

Slept like a baby, though. Opened a window, listened to the storms as they blew through. Beats the hell out of that Electrifying Thunderstorms CD that I listen to when I can't sleep. Need to get some of that on a nice 5.1 system. Tie in some intermittant fan action to simulate wind. Yeah. That'd be awesome.

Also, when I say I slept like a baby, I meant that I crapped myself at least twice, and woke up crying to be fed.

------

Word came down a couple days ago that the Cubs are moving their Double A affiliation to the Tennessee Smokies. Sevierville's practically in my backyard. Depending on traffic, the Smokies are about an hour's drive north of here, give or take. Definitely easy to reach provided I actually make it out of work by five.

------

Today? Thinking about taking in a flick. Black Dahlia is out, and I enjoy watching people hurt themselves, so Jackass 2 is possibly on the agenda. But today, I'm thinking I need a little Jet Li--I think Fearless is on the plate....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home