Thursday, February 08, 2007

Add it to the list

Add it to the list

....of things that irk, disturb or otherwise thwart me in my daily walkabout:

I don't listen to broadcast radio that much, anymore. I'm a big fan of the satellite radio. But on this day, I forgot to bring mine with me in my truck during an errand north, and I was listening to Knoxville's sports talk station.

That in and of itself is something add to the list: My own forgetfulness.

But here's what grabbed my attention today. There's a commercial running for a jewelry store, of all things. It's a Valentine's Day add, and that's probably irritating enough, having to have my sports coverage interrupted with spots for the most contrived and commercially created of all the holidays.

There's more. In the middle of the ad, there's a chime sound that's indicating something's been revealed to one of the characters in the spot.

That chime sounds exactly like my phone when it rings.

Not once, not even twice. Three times I heard this spot, and every time my kneejerk (armjerk?) reaction was to move my hand to my visor to grab my phone to answer it.

Three!?!?!!???!!

So.

Add to the list: My forgetfulness, sounds on commercials that make me think my phone is ringing, my own blinkard stupidity, and once again, my forgetfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home