Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Recommendation

Recommendation

Just want to take a second to recommend something I picked up the other day.

This is one of the finest pieces of comic literature that I've ever read.

Pride of Baghdad's about lions who are freed from a zoo in Baghdad when the city is bombed by coalition forces. The story takes place in the hours and days following the beginning of the attack.

I don't want to say too much, because it's a simply (but beautifully) constructed story.

But it's been literally years since I've let myself get so wrapped up in a comic story...to just so completely buy in to what's going on. And I've never had one leave me feeling so emotionally hollow when it's done.

Give it a look. In my opinion, it's one of the most eloquent pieces ever put forth in the medium.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home