Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Big Two-Thirty-One...

The Big Two-Thirty-One...

For the first time in my life, I'm not buying America a present for its birthday. America didn't get me a birthday present last year...or the year before, or any of the years before, for that matter.

I'm not a petty person. But I'm also no dope, realizing the name of the blog indicating toward the contrary....

But lately, it seems like America has been keeping me at arm's reach. I'll call, and say "Hey! You want to do something?"

But America will be busy.

And lately, without my asking, America has been going out of its way to let me know how busy its been. "I have so little free time...."

So, I think I'll let America be for now.

Which sucks. Because I don't want to marry America. Don't want to sleep with America, necessarily. Just want to hang out, you know. See what happens.

But I'm a little tired of feeling like an ass, you know? Little tired of getting turned down, made to feel like America has better things to deal with.

So, no birthday present for America.

And maybe I won't spend my night wondering why America never calls....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home