Monday, July 23, 2007

Drew Carey, the new host of Price is Right

Drew Carey, the new host of Price is Right

Once upon a time, for a few short weeks, I got close to three hundred hits a day for my Price is Right updates. Look around three years ago (holy shit, three effing years?)* in the spring, and you'll find them. I was working third shift, and Price is Right is what I was watching before I'd bed down for the day.

There's something cathartic about Price is Right, especially since I now manage retail for a living. One, I feel like a whiz at most of the pricing games. Two, I get to yell at the at the botards on the teevee--something I'm not allowed to do (expressly) at my job.

Anyway, it was with some sadness that I watched Bob Barker's retirement this spring and summer. It was a minor wish, but I wish I'd gotten to see a taping of Price is Right with Bob Barker hosting.

Anyway, we hear news today that Drew Carey is the new host.

I can live with that. He's no Bob. But then, who is? Hell, Bob was barely Bob in his waning years.

Plus, Drew Carey has the advantage of having introduced the phrase "race with the devil" into my lexicon as a descriptor for a hurried rush to get to the toilet after eating at Denny's.

And at least he's not Rosie O'Donnell. I'd almost want to heave Rosie underneath the big wheel.

Drew seems like he might be fun to have a beer with, so I can live with him hosting Price is Right....

*yeah, I said "shit," but didn't say "fucking." Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home