Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Afternoon

Monday Afternoon

Tommy = Busy Sunuvagun

Relatively little posting in the last week, aside from the scary giant chimpanzee story. Got a link to another scary regular-sized chimpanzee story, and I'm not denying the power of a regular sized chimpanzee--indeed, the media has taught me not to put my fingers, face, feet or genitals anywhere near our little hairy friends (that means you, Danny DeVito).

But the idea of watching a giant chimpanzee run down the King of Beasts, kill it and then eat it? That's awesome.

Reason being: It is concievable, however unlikely, that I could suddenly go insane and maul a person to death, costing them fingers, noses, ears, etc. Unlikely, but if push came to shove and I had to maul a person to death, I think I'd get the job done, and nicely.

But I could not run down a Lion, a Leopard, or any other big cat, no matter how insane I'd gone, or how threatened over birthday cake I'd become. I say again, I do not want these big primates over on this side of the ocean. My place in the food chain is tenuous enough as it is.

------

A few other things:

Last week was hella-busy.

Closed the store Monday, opened it Tuesday. Went to watch the All-Star game Tuesday night, lost my life savings on the National League. Again.

Went to sleep at 1 Wednesday morning, got up at 5:30, went to work, went to my second Chattanooga Lookouts game of the year. This one did not feature the blistering sunburn that the first of this season did. My friend Shyam recounts the action.

It went down much like she said, except that as I remember it, the sun went down out of fear that I might maul its fingers and genitals off.

-----

It irks me very much that I haven't been up to see the Smokies play this year, in their first season as the Cubs AA affiliate. What the hell is wrong with me?

Kerry Wood's starting the rehab rounds. Perhaps that'll be motivation enough to get me off my ass and up to Kodak....

-----

At some point, I went to see Live Free or Die Hard, which I ended up liking more than I'd really thought. I love the first Die Hard, but the second and third left me a little perturbed, each for their own little reasons, both of which amounted to "It's not the First Die Hard."

This one isn't either, but it's got Kevin Smith, and it's got an intangible quality about it that amounts only to: Tommy liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home