Sunday, March 30, 2008

A few lists...

A few lists...

In honor of the baseball season, which starts tonight, (or last Tuesday, or tomorrow, depending on how sacred your cows are on this particular issue)...a few lists:

My favorite baseball movies:

1. Field of Dreams
2. The Natural
3. A League of Their Own
4. Major League
5. Bad News Bears
6. Pride of the Yankees
7. 61*

It's not to say I don't like Bull Durham, which makes its way up most people's lists. It's a quality flick. I've just never needed to watch it.

Interesting maybe that 2 Yankee movies find their way up high on the list.

My favorite baseball player names:

1. Stubby Clapp
2. Dummy Hoy
3. Enos Slaughter
4. Emil Brown

My Picks for the American League in 2008

A.L. East: Boston
A.L. Central: Cleveland
A.L. West: Anaheim
A.L. Wild Card: Detroit
A.L. Pennant Winner: Cleveland
A.L. MVP: Manny Ramirez
A.L. Cy Young: C.C. Sabathia

Cleveland's just got the hosses on the mound, with enough bats to finish things.

Seattle could futz things up for a lot of people. They could make things very interesting for Anaheim.

My Picks for the National League in 2008

N.L. East: New York
N.L. Central...Ummm...See Below....
N.L. West: San Diego
N.L. Wild Card: Milwaukee
N.L. MVP: Prince Fielder
N.L. Cy Young: Z

Ummm...this whole baseball thing makes me superstitious.

Yeah. I think the Cubs will win the Central.

Not because I think they're any especially great shakes.

They're solid. And it's not a strong division.

However...

N.L. Pennant Winner: New York

Tommy's World Series Pick

Indians over Mets in 6 games.

Number of Times Tommy's been right with his picks

I gots a remarkable 38% average.

Which might win me the batting crown.

But picking winners this early in the season is about as important at this point and attractive as picking my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home