Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Foto

Foto

So, I went to New York last weekend. I took pictures. Most of them are landmarks, and I'll not look at those photos again.

As I scrolled through what I put onto the computer, the ones I paused on were the ones I decided to throw up here.

PhotobucketAn early view....this is my first look down 8th Avenue....

Photobucket
I include this one of the Empire State Building, only because it illustrates the weather. It was cloudy all Friday...

Photobucket
On our way to a harbor tour, right underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. There was a Brewer's Fest. Timing...it's all about timing....

Photobucket
Yeah. We saw her.

Photobucket
Yankee Stadium. Twas rainy.

Photobucket
Thought maybe I could get the rain, which was never very heavy, in the lights....

Photobucket
We huddled in the bowels of Yankee Stadium when it really started raining hard.

Photobucket
Here's the gaggle wandering around Strawberry Fields....

Photobucket
My sister. Dubious. No doubt I've laid a little Tommy Wisdom on her.

Photobucket
I don't think of myself as podunk...but the truth is, we don't get many international protests in my neck of the woods. Nobody else thought it was funny when I said "Dammit...they gotta block the Ruby Tuesday, don't they?"

Now that I think about it, it wasn't funny.

Photobucket
One of the things we see coming back. Was there a gas panic in the wake of Ike in your neck of the woods?

Photobucket
A propos of nothing toward New York...but these bastards said they charged this because Shell gas is a premium product with engine cleaners, therefore worth more...

I don't ask people to do much, but I strongly urge you folks never to spend another cent at the Rocky Top Stations in this neck of the woods.

Photobucket
Dramatis Personae....my mom, my dad, my sister, and my brother-in-law standing in the back. Also, the Fairfield Inn where we stayed....

I'm glad I got to go with you guys....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home