Wednesday, December 10, 2008

cc

cc

Seven years...160 million....

While I'm happy the sumbitch isn't around the N.L. Central anymore (not that there was much of a chance of it anyway), I gotta say that I had to hop up and down to get my testicles to pop out of my torso when I saw what the Bastards up in the Bronx are reported to be paying Mr. Sabathia over the next several years....

Dang. I try not to dwell on athlete's salaries. It's not that I grudge them, necessarily. If somebody'd pay me nearly 23 mil a year, I'd do anything.

That's right. Anything.

My personal take? I'm paying that much money...somebody's gotta be playing 162 games a year. If you're pitching? That means on your day off, you're the batboy.

Seriously, though.

Paying that much for somebody who'll probably net you three to five more wins? Don't know if I can see that. Especially if that much money would get you two, three or four guys who would net you higher numbers? I dunno. But then, that's why I manage grocery stores and not baseball teams.

But, they're the Yankees. Gotta have something to hate them for.

edit: Yeah, I know he's an innings horse, and keeping the bullpen out of his games will keep them fresh for other games, thus helping the cause on days when he doesn't pitch...I just don't see one guy you're paying 23 mil a year as being worth it, when you could probably bring in three or four guys for that amount who will help you more, in the long run....

However, I do always enjoy that A.L. East dogfight, even if I don't really have a dog in that particular hunt...this is just more fuel for that fire, I reckon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home