Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Gory Details....

The Gory Details...

So, I managed to catch a booger of a cold bug last weekend. It's still lingering, and still whupping me about the head and shoulders. I've sounded like I've been gargling with Drano for the last couple of days, and I'm finding myself unable to bring my voice much higher than a conversational tone, and the pain in my neck is excruciating.

My sinuses started to drain the other day, audibly...If I lie still, I can hear the liquid running from one part of my head to the next...I found myself wonder "what's that dripping?" and realized it was my sinuses dripping down my throat.

The worst part? When they drain with that sort of vigor, it happens day, and even more I think, at night.....

Ever take a drink of water (or milk, or beer, or absinthe) and had it go down the wrong pipe? You get immediately choked up?

Even five minutes or so the last couple of nights, I get that. I'm asleep. My sinuses are draining slowly (or quickly) down my throat, and at some point, I take a breath, and the mucusy build gets sucked down my windpipe. I wake up coughing, sputtering. Willing to trade testicles for sleep, at this point.

I'm sick, run down. And I'm operating on two and three hours of sleep the last couple of nights.

I know it's a little gross, but it's wearing your old pal Tommy the fuck out.

It'll get better, or you'll see me on the news for having flipped out becuase the poeple in front of me at the gas station took too long to cash in their scratch-off lottery tickets.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home