Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, Volume 2

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, Volume 2

Yay!!!! Insomnia!!!!

Went to bed kinda early. Around 9:30. Woke up around 1:30, after a weird dream about plane hopping following the Atlanta Braves around. I can't get anymore specific than that, except that there was a small passage where I was lost in the parking garage of one airport or another, and not really knowing which airport I was stuck in....

Tossed and turned for a couple of hours, and I reached a teeter point. That's the sort of continental divide where you have to decide will actually falling back to sleep bring more benefit, or will it actually work to my detriment, since I'm having to wake with the alarm at 5:15 anyway?

So, I got up. I wrote a little bit...had a passage kicking around in my had about the owner of a junk shop attacked by gremlins. It felt like there was more in there, but only got a page or so worth of stuff.

I am writing a little bit more, lately. I wish I could say it was all due to some glimmer of inspiration or some newfound bit of determination and will. And there is that, don't get me wrong. It's far too easy to sit down and watch re-runs of Deadliest Catch.

Truth be told, I ain't had a lot to do, lately. Besides work. Such is life, I guess. I'll just say that, sometimes, being single in a small town where everybody and their sister seems married, mostly to each other, and working a job that wants to squeeze every turnip for every drop of blood it can get? It ain't beneficial for a thriving social situation, sometimes.

It's not always the case. Just seems like that's how it's shaken out the past month or so, though. So, I've filled some of the free time with a story or two.

Not sure where they're going. Just good to be writing again.

If only because I don't want to work 60 hours a week at a grocery store forever.

One of you folks could help out if you have a spare 30 grand or so laying around. Help a brother take a year off to write a bit.

Yeah.

I could put out a lot of fart jokes if given a year to write them all down.

Likely, the grandest fart joke of this generation.

And I would dedicate it to you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home