Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thoughts...

Thoughts....

I was walking around the bookstore today, looking at books that I know I shouldn't buy because they'll just sit on the shelf collecting dust until 201-whenever, when I finally make time to sit and read them. And I overheard a person sitting in the coffee bar section of the store say "I miss being your friend."

And it struck me, the tone of voice, the matter of fact way it was it was said. That's a thought I've had before. And recently. But that's just one of those things I haven't found wherewithal to say out loud or even in writing to that person (or people, actually, since there are a few), without feeling like I'm putting myself out there on the balsa-wood diving board of vulnerability...

I turned to steal a glance at the speaker, just wanting to see what they looked like, more than anything. To see if indeed I needed to avert my eyes in the presence of somebody godly, or merely needed to show my respect to someone just superhuman....

Normal enough looking lady. Blue jeans, polo shirt.

With her right index finger two knuckles deep in her nostril.

I quote Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home