Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Milestones...

Milestones....

Two milestones, actually.

It pleases me very much, here on the eve of the eve of the eve of this blogamathing's seventh anniversary, that Big Stupid Tommy currently sits at #6 on Google, if you were to search out Channel 9's weatherlady Allison Chinchar.

Spent the morning writing. I've got a small writing project going. It's a little goofy, and I'm pleased that I've been able to corral the goofy energy now for 33,000 words. More quickly than I'd imagined, it's reaching an endpoint. That's actually a good thing. I've got more than a handful of projects that wander to absurd wordcounts, never to find a good finish. For me to be able to start and finish a rough draft in a couple of weeks, that's a step in the right direction.

Honest moment? I'm 32, and I'm starting to get scared with the whole writing thing. Needing to make myself do a bit more, to make a little more come of it. There's a twin demon of laziness and uncertainty, and it's a daily battle to say "fuck you both..."

But, it's going good right now.

Current goal is to have this draft done by next Monday. Reasons being, the end point is relatively quick to get to (For once, I think I know where this story's supposed to go), and for two, our busy season at work is kicking into high gear. As it is, I had to come back from vacation, and knock it up into third pretty much as soon as I hit the door. Made me a crabby sumbitch, to be honest, but we'll deal....

Anyway. Just a marker or two. Y'all take it easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home