Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Linkage....

Linkage....

I've been reading blogs for seven years, now. I've read a lot of fine written material, and had the good fortune to have met a fine many folks (and look forward to meeting a fine many more, sayeth this shy kid from the foothills of the Appalachians....)

Eric, over at Straight White Guy, can count himself high on the rolls of both these lists: Fine Folks, as well as Fine Writers.

This post, "Stealing...." is one of his very best. I gotta be honest. Today was not a great day...trying, and I do not feel that I rose to the challenge with the utmost in grace or fortitude. It was a day that I call "a learning experience," and one that left me feeling rather out of sorts with a lot of things in my life.

But reading that put me in a better frame of mind....as I say in the comments, I find myself wondering at how it truly is a small world, a lot of the time. I marvel at the little coincidences in life, and at whether they truly are coincidences or not. And while there's a middle-of-the-night drunken conversation to have about that particular mouth-of-the-river, I will say that Eric's post was a terrificly written way to get my mind out of the rut it had worn itself into, in both a thoughtful and philosophic way.

Eric's a good dude.

And I would gladly eat nachos with him any time.

Check his stuff out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home