Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cheap Theater...

I dunno what manner of change has come over Chattanooga's cheap theater, or if any change has truly occurred and it has simply been recently that I've noticed it. Regardless, it's very cool to see your arthouse stuff making its way up there, even if it's just a temporary nod to the Oscar season.

The Road was one that appeared in my general neck of the woods for one showing at 2 o'clock in the morning on a Thursday, I think. (More likely, it came when I was involved in a holiday week or an inventory week or a vacation week or any other bullshit week that seems to cause me to keep my nose to the grindstone, and my eyes off anything cool like a movie I've been looking for coming to town).

Actually, the Road and 3 Idiots are both playing there, starting this weekend, and I'd like to see both. So, it's kinda nice to go pay three bucks instead of 9.50....

I'll say too, that it seems like they've taken an extra step to clean the joint up. While I appreciate the ambience of the Wicked Witch's castle in Wizard of Oz, I don't necessarily want to watch a movie with a winged monkey lurking over my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home