Thursday, June 03, 2010

Rue, or: We are Pop Culture Ghouls, in 140 characters

Rue McClanahan has died.

I first heard via text message.

In the next several minutes, I received notifications from no less than 6 people.

I myself had texted 3 people. One of them was a person who was texting me in the process. He won our ghoulish little race.

The official count. 6 people texted me to let me know Rue McClanahan had died.

3 people for Gary Coleman.

My brother-in-law texted to mention how bad it sucked Dennis Hopper had passed, but it was a day after the fact.

I'm not much better. I did 3 for Rue, 3 for Gary, and 1 for Dennis.

Pop Culture Ghouls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hopper was the only one I texted about (I think I sent it to a couple of people). I've written about Gary Coleman on my crime site in the last year so I thought it best left uncommented. Hell, I didn't even know Rue McLanahan had passed away :(

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home