Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chapter MMMCDXXII: In which he performs two civic duties

Today, before most of you have eaten lunch, I performed two civic duties.

I voted in the Gubernatorial election, among others. I won't tell you who I voted for, though for the first time in at least a decade and maybe since 1996, I voted for one of the two major candidates in a Gubernatorial election. I don't do this to indicate or disindicate my political leanings one way or the other. I do this mainly because I enjoy writing and saying the word Gubernatorial.

I did vote for a former schoolmate for school board, and the father of a friend for City Council.

The other civic duty? I bought tires.

Civic duty?

Well, at least this way, if I kill you, it won't be because I've skidded into you at a crosswalk because I'm riding around on tires worn down to the steel belts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home