Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oscar

In years past, I've done a big Oscar post, mainly getting my thoughts onto paper about the previous year's efforts in movies.  This year?  I haven't seen much of what's been nominated.  Among the Best Picture nominees?  I've seen only Birdman and Grand Budapest Hotel, both of which I enjoyed immensely.  I'm inclined to root for the latter in the race, mostly because comedy doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Among the acting nominees?  Not much for me to comment.  Shyam and I saw Into the Woods, which was good, though it felt very much like Meryl Streep channeling Helena Bonham Carter for her part.

Beyond that?  Michael Keaton and Edward Norton were good in Birdman, but Emma Stone was amazing, in one of the best performances of her career.

And I can't recommend Big Hero Six enough, though it runs neck and neck for my favorite animated flick of 2014 with Lego Movie, which wasn't even nominated.

That's the extent of my 2014 movie commentary.  I hope you goofballs enjoy Oscar day.  I may not even watch the telecast....though the lure of Dead Movie Star Montage might be a little too strong to overcome....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home