8-0
I went to bed.
It's pure ass that a playoff game starts at 10pm Eastern, anyway.
But I wasn't feeling good about it.
The bats have been dead for a minute.
The bullpen, while showing signs of life the last week of the season, doesn't seem strong enough to support the hopes and dreams of a nation.
I can't recall being so little excited for a postseason game as I was for last night's contest.
Watched a little of Phillies & Braves...the end, specifically. That looked fun.
White Sox and Astros was a fun contest, with the Sox doing what they needed to do: take the crowd out of the game at Daikin.
Didn't watch much of the slaughter that ensued at Yankee Stadium....but the Sox seemed to have a few of the same streaky habits the Cubs do.
Saw the math that there's something like a 18 percent chance of the Cubs winning the next two games.
Stranger things have happened.
But those bats have to wake up.
This is one of the years that the stats don't tell the story. They're high on the list of offensive clubs around the league.
But situational hitting isn't their forte.
Which is odd for a Counsell team. At least, how I remember Counsell teams, when the Brewers were beating the shit out of the Cubs 73 times a year.
So. Am I excited for tonight?
Nope.
I'm afraid of more of the same....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home