Thursday, March 27, 2003

Baseball Talk

Sean McAdam has handicapped the National League Central, and he's picked the Cubs to finish first.

Confidence, specifically my confidence, in the Cubs has always been their downfall. I was stoked going into last year, and they lost 95 games. I know it's self-centered, but the Cubs performance revolves entirely around my confidence in their abilities. It always has and it always will.

McAdam says there are four teams with realistic shots at winning the Central. They are the Cardinals, Astros, Cubs and Reds. My list says three, with the Reds having only a long shot. And of course, the Brewers would have a hard time beating some AAA teams consistently.

If you pressed me to predicting an N.L. Central standing:

St. Louis
Houston
Chicago
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Milwaukee

Personally, I think it'll be a neat dogfight between the Astros and Cardinals.

I think the Cubs will have a lights out pitching staff. But even with Sammy Sosa in the lineup, may have a little trouble putting runs on the board, especially if Moises Alou isn't healthy and pitchers aren't intimidated by a Hee Seop Choi or an Eric Karros batting behind Sammy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home