Sunday, April 20, 2003

Dude, watching Sammy Sosa get plunked in the ear was just about the scariest thing I've seen on TV in a long time. And that's not because I'm a Cubs fan or because I'm a Sammy Sosa fan (which I'm not, necessarily).

It worried me that after he went down, Sammy first looked out at the mound, and then seemed to sink into something less than complete awareness.

I was reading at the time, and I happened to look up just in time to see the ball hit him in the earhole. I didn't see the typical camera angle from behind the pitcher. I wanted to see the replay, to see the ball leave the pitcher's hand. Not that I think it was intentional or anything like that. I don't want to give anybody that idea. But I would like to have seen the pitch.

Kind of makes me re-think (at least for a second) my whole stance completely backing the pitcher's right to back a hitter off the plate.

I still respect that right. But for God's sake be careful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home