Monday, April 21, 2003

The Music issue of Oxford American was in my mailbox today! I jumped around like a lunatic. I sat down in the recliner, read the magazine. Now I can't find where I've put the CD, which is the best part.

Who needs enemies when I sabotage my life my own damn self?

Put in a couple more job applications today.

I watched Jeopardy, and in typical obsessive compulsive behavior, I kept score. The way I do this is by first making a grid that matches the grid on the television show. I label the categories correspondingly. Then, as the game progresses, I mark a check mark for each correct answer, an "X" for each incorrect answer, and a circle for no answers. If I'm right, I give myself the appropriate dollar amount. If I miss, I subtract. And if I give no answer, I neither subtract or add from my score.

I do nothing special for daily doubles, though I keep track of which contestant answers the question, and how much they win or lose off the question.

I measure myself by how the three contestants have done, with the daily double scores adjusted for the dollar value the question came in.

My personal scorecard is if I've answered 90% of the total scores of the three contestants, then it's been a good day.

Today, I had 29,000, and the three players had an adjusted score of around 25,100. So I did really good.

I leave it to you, the jury, to decide my prize.

If Alex Trebek is reading, do whatever you can to put my ass on contestant's row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home