Thursday, July 17, 2003

Can't Sleep

Hello! And salutations from the ass-end of the night!

Haven't had an insomnia night for a couple of months, now.

This one's bad.

I went to sleep around 11:30. And I had a dream. I don't remember what the dream was about. It was one of those that as soon as I woke up, it all kind of fluttered past me, and I lost it like the tide receding or a train going away from you hurriedly.

But I woke up badly a little while ago, and I just had the absolutely worst, profoundly sad feeling. That was the only thing left from the dream. I don't know how to explain it. It was about an hour ago. I still haven't quite shaken it all the off. Would it make sense if I said that how I felt when I woke up, that it went bone deep? Just that I don't remember often ever having felt that low. I'm having trouble even coming up with words. Just that I felt absolutely horrible, and the first few minutes were like struggling out of a net, or a pit or something.

And I've still not quite shaken it off. I wonder if we've lost somebody?

I'm not doing a very good job of describing it. You'll excuse the 2:40 ramblings of an insomniac, huh?

It's very hot in my bedroom. Air doesn't flow well back there. I think I'll try sleeping on the couch.

I had a dream last night about walking around an antebellum era Athens, TN. And there were people I knew there, all gearing up for the War of the Northern Aggression. And there was also an antebellum era McDonald's and Blockbuster Video. I'm still not sure how that works, but in dream logic it made only perfect sense.

I also had a dream where I'd been cast in the newest season of MTV's Real World, to take place in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The newspaper says its in San Diego. I think differently.

It's not very long what I've written here. Mostly because I am tired, and I'm typing slowly and having trouble picking my words. I'm also having to back up and fix mistakes a lot.

Antebellum is a hard word to write when it's this early and you're fighting off perhaps the oddest emotional swing in a long, long time.

But I'm feeling a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home