Friday, October 10, 2003

Why so many Cubs fans?

Derek at Let's Play Two has an excellent post containing his theories as to why there are so many Cubs fans across the land.

He's got a point with the whole Cubs/Daytime TV factor. I was raised in what was largely a Braves household (though I started watching when the folks weren't following so intensely).

But I remember going home to watch G.I. Joe, or the Transformers, or the Ghostbusters on WGN after school, and the Cubs would be playing an afternoon game. And I was versed in baseball already, and was playing T-Ball, so I just started watching the Cubs instead.

Don't know exactly what got me to stay. I think Harry Caray had a lot to do with it. Here was this odd looking old man who loved this game and this team soooo much.

I even managed to stay a Cubs fan when my folks moved us out to the woods, too far away from the cable TV, and too far wooded even to set up a satellite dish.

Haven't a clue about that one.

But I'm still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home