Tuesday, November 04, 2003

One of my favorite jokes

I heard this one a long time ago, from my cousin Christine, and I heard it on the radio this afternoon.

A church is in dire need of a bell ringer. The preacher puts a sign out on the front lawn, and within five minutes, he hears a knock on the door.

He opens the door, and finds a man with no arms standing there.

"Can I help you?" he asks.

"I''d like to apply for the job of bell ringer."

The preacher is hesitant, because he has no idea how the man with no arms will ring the bell. He explains this to the man.

"Just take me up the belfry," the man says.

They go up into the steeple, and they stare at the bell for a second.

"Watch this," the man with no arms says.

The man then backs up a couple of steps, takes a running start, jumps up, and smacks the bell with his face.

BONG!

The preacher can't believe it. "Do it again," he says.

So the man complies, runs, jumps and smacks the bell with his face!

BONG!

The preacher is nonplussed. "Do it one more time," he says, "and you have the job."

The man steps back, runs, jumps, misses the bell, goes flying out the window and falls to his death.

Later, the police are questioning the preacher....who had only this to say:

"I don't know his name, but his face rings a bell...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home