Saturday, December 13, 2003

Random Thinkings

Thanks to the couple or three of you who sent get well messages after the VTP....it turns out to have been just a cold. I think I was over-tired more than anything Thursday morning. I'm still a little snuffled up, but otherwise I feel fine.

People don't use the word "sissy" enough. You know, to describe somebody who is perhaps less tough than they should be. I think it's a word that's been lost to all the ever-shitting vulgarity we use like water nowadays.

Seriously. When's the last time you were called or called anybody a sissy? Especially you fellas? People use wuss or pussy nowadays.

I think it would be funny to break "sissy" out in a conversation one day. Try to bring it up in a conversation with your boss, preferably about another co-worker. i.e. I wanted to go that route, but Sampley's too big a sissy to try it....

Watching Empire Strikes Back right now. I think George Lucas should have sat down, watched a few Kurosawa movies, and then Empire, so he could have the best possible context for the characters and the galaxy they live in before he started writing the prequel trilogy. And not thought at all about the possibilities for toys....because the first two prequels seem like 2 hour toy commercials at times.

Also, George and company have blown one of the greatest cinematic revelations of all time by having Yoda play such a prominent role in the first three movies. It's one of my earliest movie memories seeing the little green guy irk and perturb Luke on Dagobah, and it is not until Luke blows his top that Yoda reveals his true nature. I think that if you want to watch the six movies from I to VI, when George is all done, you lose that truly magic moment.

(And you can't convince me that we're supposed to believe that the little green guy who comes to torment Luke initially is possibly a relative or another member of Yoda's species. It's a shaky theory, at best....and Frank Oz's voice cripples that theory to my view).

And I'm afraid that they're really going to screw up the Anakin/Darth Vader thing in Episode III. It's another of the greatest movie moments when Vader reveals his secret to Luke at Cloud City....but I'm almost willing to bet money that George and company will succumb to the temptation to show Anakin, somehow, as Darth Vader.

And that, my friends, will suck ass.

Speaking of movies....what's this Return of the King movie that everybody's talking about? I've never heard of it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home