Wednesday, June 02, 2004

TPIR Update: Instant Karma

TPIR Update: Instant Karma

If you're going to be a dick, and bid higher than somebody else on Contestants' Row by a buck, make sure you're the last person who's going to be bidding.

Because if you're not, that fourth bidder, nine times out of ten, is going to do the exact same thing to you, and will do so mostly out of spite. And what's more, they'll win. Because that's the type of Deity we're dealing with.

Also:

One contestant today got up on stage with the attitude that she wasn't going to stress about the game she was playing (she had to guess which prize was labelled with the incorrect price), that she just wanted to spin the big wheel. She knew the faster she got this bullshit with the grandfather clock and the daybed (I don't remember what she was bidding on) out of the way, the sooner she got to spin the BIG WHEEL.

I like that attitude. If I were to get on stage, I'd probably have to play Plinko, or something similar. I'd just go through the motions, because we all know the real fun's at the Big Wheel.

She spun the wheel well, too. Three revolutions. Very nice form. She put her whole body into it. She knew why she was there. She wasn't going to do a dainty spin. You only get that opportunity once. Spin that wheel.

And, as a heterosexual male, I got a little frustrated with the contestant calling today. The only people being called up, it seemed, were grandmothers and little tiny fraternity boys. I gave up after the first contestant of the second half was called.

But I realize that I am not the target demographic. Not exactly.

Every ad run on commercial breaks during Price is for term life insurance, or for Depends, or for Metamucil. I use only two out of three of those things, so I know that I'm not the bullseye on the target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home