Tuesday, September 21, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday, because marsupials scare Christopher Walken (because they're fast).

Week 24 - Spin off's
A great show never dies, it simply spins off into new shows! LOL This week we'll take a look at the ever famous spin off syndrome!!

1. What's your favorite all time spin off? Which show did it spin off?


The Andy Griffith Show came out of a single episode on the Danny Thomas show. It's one of my favorite shows, so I guess it counts.

It's hard to discount Frasier. I stopped watching after Niles and Daphne got together, but for a while there, it was among the best on TV.

2. What do you consider the worst spin off ever? Why?

I don't know if you count Star Trek: Voyager as a spin off, necessarily, but I sure did hate it. It just failed to capitalize on so many storytelling opportunities in favor of pandering to what they thought the audience wanted, with all the Borg appearances and half-assed action stories. It bugged me very much that they never told a good story about the philosophical conflicts between the Maquis crewmembers and the Federation people.

3. Is there a show that's ended that you wish they'd done a spin off for? Which one?

No. I'd be open to suggestions, but I can't think of any specific character or situation that I really wish I'd seen more of.

~Bonus~ If you could "end" your current life and make a spin off of it what would you call it? What would be the theme (characters new and eliminated, changes you'd make)?

I'm not sure how to go about that. Does the focus of my life become a whole other person? Like if the story of my life went off the air, and then, it became about my friend Bill? Would he move to Seattle and start a radio show?

Or, did I walk off stage left? Since I left Murfreesboro, the Murfreesboro Show is now about Gunny?

I dunno. What would I want it to be about? Bees. Lots of Bees.

Or, there could be a separatist movement based on my dealings with the Cardassians, and a new BSTommy Starship could chase a band of those separatists into The Badlands, and the two could be hurled across the galaxy, and they'd have to work together to get back to this side of the galaxy. And they'd fight the Borg, and bees.

And it would star Eliza Dushku. And also Gunny. And Michael Dorn, as Capt. Worf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home