Saturday, October 23, 2004

World Series: Game 1, Seventh Inning

World Series: Game 1, Seventh Inning

Mike Timlin comes in to pitch for the Red Sox.

Scott Rolen just seems to make contact every time he comes to bat. And I don't mean just tonight. It just seems like every time I see him play, he's hitting it hard. Sometimes, he hits it at somebody, but he makes contact.

If they make a new live action Popeye movie, I nominate Terry Francona, chaw and all, to play the titular role.

Three up, three down, end of an inning.

Half Inning: Stretch Time

Man. I thought Kelly Clarkson wasn't famous anymore. The more you show these faux celebrities, the more we'll have these asinine reality shows.

Although, she didn't do all that bad a job on God Bless America.

Back to the Baseball

Kiko Calero relieves for St. Louis. Kiko. I'm going to name my firstborn Kiko. It'll be his middle name. Because I've already sworn to name him after my greatest sports hero. Therefore, his name will be: Andre the Giant Kiko Acuff.

Boy or girl. I will name them that.

Steve Kline's not on the WS roster. My heart bleeds. I got no use for Steve Kline. He's White Trash's representative to the Major Leagues. I wonder how many of his family Steve Kline was able to move outof the trailer park with his major league salary. Steve Kline plays baseball because it's a job where it's acceptable to chew tobacco while you do it.

But he doesn't get to play in the World Series. He can flip Tony LaRussa the bird all he wants now.

Hey, Manny Ramirez can be the flightiest guy on Earth, but he just put the Sox up a run. Sox 8-7.

It's surprising to see nobody covering first on the Cardinals' part on the attempted rundown of Manny Ramirez. I'll have to go back and look at the tape, on that one. Did everybody follow the ball when it was hit? Who was out of position? gonna have to look at that one.

David "You wouldn't like me when I'm Angry" Ortiz strolls up to the plate.

Tony Womack caught one off the body, off the bat of David Ortiz. He's the strongest one there is. I'm not sure you even want to catch it with the protection of a glove. He'll smash! Good thing it hit the ground first. If an Ortiz line drive hits you? It'll leave a three foot exit hole on the other side.

Tim McCarver says "It looks like it caught [Womack] on the clavicle."

Listen to Tim pull out his knowledge. Say collarbone, Tim. I'd wager a good number of us know what the clavicle is, but would prefer you say collarbone. It just sounds better, talking on TV. If we just all collectively admit that you're the smartest, will you stop trying so hard to prove it? Tim needs a swift patella to the groin, if you asked me.

Ortiz ties W.S. record with 4 RBI in a game. He just needs the purple pants.

As they continue to discuss the issue, Joe Buck calls it "clavicle," too.

I think Jack Buck would have called it a collarbone. That's just a guess.

Harry Caray, by the seventh, would have been too drunk to know a clavicle from an Easter ham. But that's neither here nor there.

Looking at the replay of the Ramirez rundown that wasn't, the Cardinals pitcher (still Calero? Or was King in by then?) was standing at the mound, instead of playing his position. They should have had Ramirez there, since McCarver points out, correctly, that Manny was celebrating instad of running hard. (It was King)

End of 7:

St. Louis 7
Boston 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home