Monday, December 06, 2004

Today's Funny

Today's Funny

I heard this one a long time ago. I was probably eight or nine. Johnny Carson was still on the Tonight Show, and I was allowed to stay up and watch for some reason. This joke, or a variation, was told:

A news reporter is sent to cover a human-interest story regarding a couple celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary. He knocks on the couple's door and a very elderly gentleman answers. He lets the reporter in, who is invited to sit down next to his wife. Then the wife starts suggesting that her husband make them lunch, bring them iced tea, then walk the dog.

"Yes, Dear. Right away, dear," says the old gent, and off he goes.

The reporter says, "Excuse me for asking, but how do you get him to be like that?"

The wife explains. "We were on our honeymoon, a hiking trip in the Grand Canyon. We each rode our own donkey with our own things. First, my donkey tripped on a rock. I grazed my leg. I told the donkey, 'That's one.' Then he tripped on a tree root and I bumped my head on a branch. I said, 'That's two.' Finally, a rattlesnake scared him. He jumped and threw me and my things off his back. I said, 'That's three,' took out my six-shooter, and shot him dead, right on the spot.

That's when my husband hollered about how his donkey had to carry everything now and we had to walk and how stupid I was. I just looked at him and said, 'That's one....'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home