Saturday, June 11, 2005

10 I recommend

10 I recommend

Eric asked us to name 10 books that one should read before dying, and here in the ass end of the night, I answer.

The answers may change once I've actually slept. But off the top of my head, here are 10 books that are of some literary value that I hold in high regard.

1. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain.
2. Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole.
3. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
4. Light in August, by William Faulkner
5. The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara
6. The Floating Opera, by John Barth
7. The Collected Works of Flannery O'Connor
8. The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum
10. The Giver, by Lois Lowry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home