Friday, July 22, 2005

Dream

Dream

Hey! Here's a short post where I tell you what wandered through my brain whilst I was sleeping. It has a happy ending, but not in the massage parlor kind of way.

Had a dream last night that I was a cast member on Saturday Night Live. The guest host was either Bill Murray or Damon Wayans. Tim Meadows was still part of the regular cast. I remember thinking at one point that Tim Meadows was a cancer that had become part of the machine, and to remove him from the cast might kill the machine.

Is Tim Meadows still part of the cast? Except for Weekend Update, I haven't paid attention to who's in the cast and who isn't for several seasons now. It seems like he's moved on, but I may be wrong (and I'm much too lazy to click a button and check).

In the dream, I watched offstage for one sketch, in which was Bill Murray doing the lounge singer/Star Wars song, and then launched into the scene from end of The Royal Tenenbaums, where he's speaking at a conference concerning his book about his son.

There was another sketch where Damon Wayans was playing the homeless guy from In Living Color, except that it wasn't an act. Offstage, everybody was telling me how sad it was that Damon really was homeless and really did act like that and carry around a jar of his own poop.

(Among those included in the "Everybody" umbrella in the dream are my friend Stephanie from high school, whom I haven't seen since Christmas before last, and my cousin Andy and his wife Tracy).

I was part of one sketch, that I remember. At least, I think it was a sketch. Dreams have a way of morphing from a casual remembrance of things past to screaming meemee nightmare in the bat of an eye, for me.

Anyway, I remember the set being something like Yoda's Dagobah house in Empire Strikes Back, and all I really remember is Tim Meadows cooking in a big cauldron, telling me in a most sinister way "We season our pinto beans with the souls of the damned!"

That's all I remember. But I woke up kind of giggling about that line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home