Saturday, July 30, 2005

3 Questions: Chris, of a Large Regular

3 Questions: Chris, of A Large Regular

Chris, whose blog A Large Regular, is a daily read of mine, asks:

1. Do you ever daydream about living in the pre-Civil War South just so you could own slave women?

Just that one time, but it was for seven years pretty much continually. I don't know if it qualifies as a daydream, since I had to be institutionalized for my beliefs. My misadventures were chronicled in Ken Kesey's book One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The story kind of got slopped up for the movie.

2. Do you ever play "Hot ot Not" in your mind while watching women go up and receive communion at church?

Well, it's been a while since I've been to church, so I can't say I do it currently. But as a youth, there were occasions.

See, we did it the heathen protestant way, where we'd all go in one big mass. Sometimes you'd be able to pick out the pretty girls while everybody was standing in one big mass waiting to eat their piece of cracker and grape juice.

There was also the problem where I was in a generational gap. We had a decent sized congregation, but there were only a handful of girls within four or five years of my age. That was always a pain.

3. Is Elmo's World your favorite part of Seasame Street?

Blasphemy.

You watch The Grouch, or you don't watch at all. Oscar the Grouch has been one of the top 8 pop culture influences in my life. It's why I live in a garbage can, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home