Sunday, August 21, 2005

Summerslam

Summerslam

My all-time top ten Summerslam Matches

10. the Hart Foundation vs. the Brainbusters, 1989
9. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon, Ladder Match, 1995
8. Paul Bearer's Undertaker vs. Ted Dibiase's Undertaker, 1994
7. Hardy Boyz, Dudleys and Edge/Christian--Tables, Ladders & Chairs, 2000
6. Triple H. vs. Mankind, Steel Cage, 1997
5. Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam, 2001
4. Bret Hart vs. Curt Hennig, 1991
3. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, Steel Cage, 1994
2. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit, 2 out of 3 falls, 2000
1. Bret Hart vs. Davey Boy Smith, 1992

Interesting coincidence? Bret Hart's in three of my top four matches. All his opponents? They're now dead.

(Special Props to the Owen Hart/Steve Austin match, which was somewhat bungled by the WWF, in my mind. Owen botched a move in their Intercontinental Title match, and injured Stone Cold's neck. They could have and should have parlayed that into making Owen Hart the world's biggest heel. They turned it into a good thing, but mostly for Austin. I think they could have made a wave for Owen to ride for the rest of his career, though I admit I wouldn't want a slip-up to be the basis of my career, either.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home