Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving break

Thanksgiving Break

Gonna take off the blog until the weekend, I think. I figure most of my sevens of readers are already on the road, heading out to see family.

We'll be eating our dinner tonight, owing to the sister and brother-in-law travelling tomorrow...mostly it'll keep them from eating two giant meals in one day.

Speaking of Giant meals, Tukeru Kobayashi, the Japanese guy who wins all the competitive eating championships, won the Krystal eating Championship down in Chattanooga last weekend. He ate 67 Krystal hamburgers, I believe the number was.

67. Now, I don't know the exact weight of a Krystal, but would it be fair to say 3 ounces? Now, I know from my years of math training that 67 x 3 = 201 ounces, or right around 13 pounds, give or take a few ounces.

Now, I've said some bullshit in the past about thinking I could step up to the plate and compete with Mr. Kobayashi, and put that Krystal belt around the waist of an American, where it belongs.

But I don't think I could eat 13 pounds of anything in one sitting, not to even mention the 8 minute time limit the competition imposes....

That's just insane. And by that, I mean things are wired wrong in your brain if you can jam 13 pounds of anything down your gullet in 8 minutes.

But I digress....

Have a Happy Turkey Day. Stay away from that John Madden Turduckhen. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if it has the word "turd" anywhere in the name, you'd be best to avoid it....

At the BSTommy compound, in spite of what I wrote this weekend, we'll be having turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, fruit salad, rolls and pumpkin pie.

Hope you guys have a good one, and we'll see you on the flip side....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home