Thursday, December 01, 2005

My two new favorite Family Feud answers....

My Two New Favorite Family Feud Answers...

I've been going into work at 2 in the afternoon here lately. As I eat lunch and get ready for work, I've been watching Family Feud. I think it's because I get something out of yelling at the television.

I now have two new favorite answers from today's back-to-back showing.

The first came in the first show. In the midst of the regular part of the game, the category was: Name a word or phrase with the word "sponge" in it. I was baffled, because after Spongebob, Sponge Bath and Sponge Cake, I was drawing a blank.

So was the head of the family who answered this, with two strikes to give: "When you make up for something you've done in the past, you get your record 'expunged.'"

Richard Karn was as stunned as I was.

He's more polite that Richard Dawson would have been.

Personally, I'd have said "if that's up on the board, I will eat my necktie."

It was not on the board. Thankfully.

I couldn't decide if the guy was being funny, since he was drawing a blank like me, or if he was serious. He was serious, I think, because he and his family answered "Africa" and "Europe" as countries in the next round.

I was still laughing about that until the finals round, where they ask five questions to two family members. The first question of those five was "Name a part of a chihuahua that is small."

My answer was tail.

The first lady's answer was "face."

The guy who followed? At first I thought I'd misheard his answer, and that he'd said "feet."

Because a chihuahua will have very tiny feet.

Nope.

He said that a chihuahua would have a tiny peter.

Which it does, I'd reckon. I've never checked.

I laughed so hard I missed the rest of his answers, one of which was "carnage," for things you see on the side of the road...

Two people agreed with him. 2.

My two new favorite answers.

I want to take issue with one question in that same round. It was asked of 100 people, how many dogs does it take to pull a sled? Eight and ten were the two answers given, and there were pretty good rates of agreement with those answers.

But wouldn't it depend on the type of dog?

I mean, sure, it might take eight huskies to pull a sled.

Or maybe 44 pugs.

Or 118 chihuahuas.

I think that question should have been thrown out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home