Thursday, December 15, 2005

Random

Random

Just a few random bits...

Steven and a couple of other sites had news of Showtime entering the initial phases of talks to see if they could bring Arrested Development over to their channel. Damn that would be great news. The hitch in the giddyup seem to be the cost of a cast that size. I and a couple people I've talked to would get Showtime on the strength of that show alone...maybe a little market research on their part would bear that out across a larger survey sample.

Easily the best TV show to come along in a long, long while.

----

Best Christmas movie?

I'm all about A Christmas Story, which I've managed to squeeze in twice this holiday season.

Christmas Vacation is another good one for me. It's one of those movies where the total value of the end product is worth so much more than the sum of the parts. And how can you not love a movie where Randy Quaid delivers such bits of comedy gold as "The Shitter's Full!"

Scrooged is good. I leave that one off. I forget it, but I caught a piece of it on TV the other night. Good stuff.

It's a Wonderful Life, you can't go wrong with. March of the Wooden Soldiers.

And I've always liked Rudolph and the Island of the Misfit Toys....

----

My Yahoo account is screwed up. Don't know what the deal is. I've had a couple e-mails bounced back to me from people, with their server saying it was spam. I'm wondering if Yahoo caught wind of that and shut me down.

There's not much on Yahoo that I can't do on g-mail or hotmail. Still, if I could get in for 10 minutes and get my e-mail address book out, it would be just awesome.

As it is, if you need to reach me via e-mail, you can do so at tommy_acuff (at) hotmail.com

----

I realized last night while e-mailing Gooseneck that the other thing that will happen if I can't get back onto Yahoo is that I'll lose my fantasy football and pick-em leagues. Dammit. I was in third on the pick'em, and I've been hot ever since we got back from New York at the end of October.

----

Wanted to see King Kong yesterday. But there were traffic problems on the interstate. Some goof in an EsuVee decided to run his truck into a concrete barrier and a semi. Some of you people need to learn to drive. I mean, you're gonna kill somebody, but if that doesn't persuade you, learn to drive if only so I don't miss movies.

Coulda gone to a later showing, but it's three hours, and I had dinner plans.

----

I'll close this thing with a list of a few of my habits...this little meme's been running around the interweb like the flu.

1. I count things. Sneezes. Steps on a staircase. Tiles on a floor. Seats in a theater. It doesn't get too OCD-ish, but there was one time I couldn't get up from sorting baseball cards for an Ebay auction until I'd counted everything in the box....hmmm....

2. I have to put on the left shoe before right shoe. It has to be this way. Any other way is unnatural. Same goes with socks, or pants.

3. I call people "chief." Friends. Acquaintances. Total Strangers. Men more than women, but I've called women "chief." I call everybody "Chief." It's such a catching affectation that a couple of people at work have picked up "chief."

4. I will not eat Bananas that have brown spots on the peels. Not bruise marks, but the little brown spots they get if they've been sitting a day or so past ripe. Some people will say "that's when they're good." I say "that's when they're gross." I like my bananas with a little bit of green still on them.

5. Punctuality is not an obsession, unless we're talking about movies. If I'm getting us there, we'll be there at least 20 minutes before showtime. I gotta see previews. Interestingly enough, I hate the commercials some theaters run before the movies, but I love the trailers, which are essentially commercials for movies.

Funny how that works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home