Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday

Wednesday

What the hell have I been doing to where I can't write three paragraphs of nonsense on my blog for five days?

I dunno.

Working, mostly. We had a indiscretion or two go down at work recently, and the long and the short of it for me is that the person who used to manage the store at night is no longer working with us, and as a result, it's fallen on me to close up the store.

Dude, I thought third shift was bad as far as having a life and whatnot. Working basically a second shift is really starting to ride up my craw.

Also, I've been carrying firewood inside the house, for it's a touch nippy here in my neck of the woods. Not ball-shrivelling cold, like the barren wastelands of Montana. 20's, though. It's cold enough to where it ain't comfortable sleeping without a fire.

So, I carry firewood. From the outside to the inside.

Sometimes, like tonight, I trip on a piece of firewood that is jutting out from the bottom of the stack, fall, scrape my hand on the stucco wall, pull quite a bit of the stack of firewood down on me, and lose my glasses in the dark, and poke myself in the eye with the earpiece when I do find them to put them on.

Yeah. My whole life's like a 3 Stooges episode, or a bad Jerry Lewis movie. I think I heard the laughtrack, this time.

Eh. What else is going on?

Very little. Just work. And sleep. One leads to the other, I find. Slept later than I'd wanted today. A couple of hours later, which is cool because I didn't have anyplace to be. However, it did end with a couple of phone callers getting an earful of confused, groggy Tommy answering the phone and wondering if it's 11 in the morning or 11 at night....

And Playstation. I bought a Playstation 2 from somebody looking to buy an X-Box 360 a little while back. It's been since the days of Super Nintendo since I've had a video game console of my very own. The roommates had one, back in the day, and I played theirs. But I've never been very good at video games. Mostly, they've served to frustrate me. But this one was cheap, and it came with a load of games, so I bought it.

So far, I'm stuck on Burnout 3, mainly because it promotes crashing your car into somebody else's. I can see where a feller might derive a great deal of enjoyment from such a pursuit.

So, I've been playing that, and laughing maniacally while I do it, for about a half hour a day.

And reading. Quite a bit of reading. Check out Shroud of the Thwacker, by Chris Elliot. It's pretty funny.

My friend Jill lent me the Kite Runner, and I started that this afternoon.

Also, I used the bathroom an average of nine times a day. Not counting teethbrushings, which usually number in the dozens, thanks to that powerful, lovely OCD....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home