Monday, December 12, 2005

Things I recommend

Things I Recommend:

1. The Nut Brown Ale at Blackstone up in Nashville. Three pints and a serving of Shepherd's Pie makes for a tasty meal. But the ale itself is worth the stop.

2. The movie Walk the Line. I was hesitant. I haven't obsessed about much music in my life, but Johnny Cash is definitely on the short list. This flick does him justice, I think. Joaquin Phoenix is pretty good. That takes a lot for me to say that...I've never had much use for Mr. Phoenix. Didn't like him. A lot of the same way I don't like cauliflower...I can't say why...I just don't. But he's really good in this one. So is Ms. Witherspoon. And, truth be told, I actually like Reese Witherspoon's voice a little more than I do June Carter's....

3. The soundtrack to Walk the Line. Yeah. Coming back from seeing friends in Murfreesboro, I stopped in Chattanooga to pick the soundtrack up. Yeah. If it's possible to listen the shit out of a CD, I'm going to do it with this one. I mean, it's on the CD player now....

4. The deep fried pickle chips at Toot's, in Murfreesboro. They're one of my favorite foods. And it'd been a year and a half since I'd had any. We rectified that situation Sunday. Seems like there's a Toot's in Louisville and maybe in Cincinnati, too. So you don't have to go to Murfreesboro, if you don't wanna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home