Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Jeopardy Moment

A Jeopardy Moment

Remember how I used to watch Jeopardy with a compulsion that bordered on madness? Where I kept score of myself and statistics and all that jazz?

Well, I got bored of that. A long time ago. Part of it was this thing where I started having to work every other night time, and I'm much too lazy to program a VCR to tape a show.

Now if somebody wanted to buy me TiVo....

Anyway, I was off work last night. This happened after I'd tripped and scraped and bruised myself on the woodpile (see a couple of posts down), and I was going to wash my hand off, and I saw Jeopardy was on the TV. It's at that interview segment where you're supposed to tell some anecdote on yourself, and I realize I know the guy Alex Trebek is interviewing.

Good ol' James Quintong, who I played quiz bowl against back in the college days.

Didn't know him well, but we did have a nodding acquaintance, due to our wrestling fandom.

And he won. He couldn't be caught at final Jeopardy, but I wouldn't call anybody's performance in the game overwhelming...I've always felt they upped the toughness a bit after sweeps, but I can't think of a way to quantify that opinion.

Anyway, Congrats to James, and best of luck in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home