Friday, December 09, 2005

I Need a Toe Truck

I Need a Toe Truck

Is there some corollary to Murphy's Law that says if you've got an injured bodypart (a hand, a knee, or in my case, a toe), you're gonna bump it against things right around 700 times?

When I tripped the other day, I must of stubbed my toe really good. Didn't notice immediately, for I was too busy cussing the woodpile and the cats. I noticed a couple of hours later when my toe started throbbing.

My other maladies are fine, unless you don't care for big nasty looking scrapes on the back of your hand. But my toe has a big black toenail, and it will throb like a sumbitch every time I knock it against something. Which seems to happen somewhere around every 9.3 seconds.

Jeebus. Why is my furniture jumping out and attacking me?

I have to believe that, otherwise I have to admit to myself that I'm some clumsy oaf who can't walk around a room without knocking into stuff with every step.

I think that's the first time I've ever used the word "oaf" in reference to myself on this site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home