Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday

Saturday

It's raining fairly heavily this morning at the BSTommy Compound. It's 35 degrees, and the rain's mixed with sleet and snow. The cat's short term memory problems are coming to light this morning. She's bound and determined to go outside, forgetting each time that the last trip (and the trip before that, and the one before that) lasted just long enough to get all four feet wet, and consisted mainly of stepping into the rain, and a quick 180 degree turn and a bolt for the dry house.

A few random thoughts:

I noted in the comments to the previous post that I've never actually checked a chihuahua out up close. I've never known anybody with such a pet. The only times I've ever seen one up close is in the parking lot of grocery stores or the like, when people have left the little bug-eye, snarling creatures out in their cars while they go shopping.

I did know somebody with a miniature doberman pinscher. I suppose that's the closest to a chihuahua I've ever met. I think that dog had the ability to vibrate out of our plane of existance. I didn't care for it's ability to disappear, and then reappear next to me without my knowing it....

Another average, everyday thing I've never done:

I've never taken a train on a trip long distance. I've ridden around town in Atlanta and Chicago, but I've never taken a train trip over a long distance. I'd say it's one of those things that wouldn't live up to expectations, once I did it. But still, I'd like to try it once.

----

I'm finished with my Christmas shopping, I think. I'll have to sit down, and make a list...this mental list stuff just doesn't cut it, sometimes. Need to see if I've left anybody out. But I think I'm finished shopping. Did most of it online. Just looking at my schedule over the next couple of weeks, didn't know when I was going to be able to get out and shop in an actual store.

Heading out to Murfreesboro next weekend, to check out some of the old grounds. May get a chance to look around someplace then, to see if there's anything else for somebody that catches my eye.

----

Went over to Jill's and Chris's last night for dinner. Pork chops, sweet potatoes, salad and broccoli. Raspberry Creme Broulle for dessert. It pleases me much to have spelled that correctly on the first try. Good dinner. Made friends with their dog Bozeman.

We watched Murderball. It starts slowly...Jill's and my takes were about the same early on...so guys in wheelchairs can be assholes, too? But it's a good watch. Enjoyed the bit quite a bit where the guy (Keith, I think) is still coming to grips with his injuries, but comes alive quite a bit when Mark Zupan comes by his hospital to talk about wheelchair rugby....

-----

Lastly, do I think the Cubs are gonna pick up Furcal?

My gut says no, that if we were, it'd have happened by now. I'm thinking you'll see him back in Atlanta, or in Dodger blue next year. It's just a gut feeling, with no other thought put into it than that. Keep in mind, my gut feelings are right something like 54 percent of the time.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Furcal at the top of the order. No, he's not the end-all/be-all. I've seen he's more likely to be good than great written in more than one place.

But dammit, I'd like a table setter at the top of the order....

-----

Well, I'm gonna wander out into the day. You guys have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home