Monday, February 20, 2006

29

29

It was a rainy Sunday some 29 years ago that I was popped forth onto the planet.

Birthday insomnia:

I can't sleep late on my birthday. I can't even sleep early, today. And the last couple of years. I was supposed to be waking up right about the time I'm writing this, but I woke up to take a whiz around 4 this morning, and couldn't wander back to sleep. It's a trend that's popped up the last few years. Maybe there's some sort of birthday anxiety. Or maybe it's coincidence.

29. A quick accounting of where I am:

Little heavier than I should be.
Not bald, though I'd have bet I would have been.
No chronic pain.
Though my heels kinda hurt in the morning...
No Toenail on my big left toe.
Cholesterol surprisingly good, given my diet and family history.
B.P.? Not so much.
Trying to exercise.

Never been married.
Never been divorced.
No kids.
No grandkids.

Not so much debt.
A little money in the bank.
Don't own a house, but I've considered it.

More friends than enemies.
More friends than ememas.

Never convicted.
I did inhale.
A published story or two.
Making decent wage.
I do work too much.

Never left the country....
Still wanting to road trip to all 30 MLB stadiums...
No Cubs World Series...22 years of fandom, and counting...

Make a pretty good steak...
Make an even better burger...
Eating healthier.
If God didn't want us to eat it, why would he have made red meat so tasty?

Likes Mexican food.
Likes Italian food.
Likes Indian food.
(Likes food...we'll leave it there...)

Strives to tithe, though more toward charity than church...
Haven't been in a church in a couple of years...
Kinda thinking of changing that, here lately....

A little shy. I'm working on that.

Scared of snakes.
Not crazy about enclosed spaces.

Occasional Insomniac.

Sporadic Writer. With goals to become less sporadic.

Movie Buff.
Wants more intelligent comedy.
Let's stop remaking TV Shows.
And what's this shit with no nudity in movies this past ten years?
Favorite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars, Blazing Saddles, Braveheart, To Kill a Mockingbird, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Stripes, Ghostbusters, Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Contact, Three Kings, Ocean's Eleven, Arsenic and Old Lace, Dr. Strangelove, Young Frankenstein, Apollo 13, Office Space.....

Favorite cuss word: shit.
Rising Star: Damnable.
Least favorite: Fuck...it's lost its power. I blame rap music.

Tries to read a book a week, though work's in the way, lately.
Favorite books: Huck Finn, Confederacy of Dunces, the Stand, the Wizard of Oz, the Bottoms....

Watches too much TV.
But loves TV so much.

Writes a blog.
3 & 1/2 years, now.

Needs a shower, and to go to work.

Good morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home